- This is the preparation of the teachers for e-mode and through e-mode.
- Its content as well as organization is futuristic but applicable now.
- Since the program will be offered through e-mode, it will not be restricted to a particular state or a country. This international program will develop global perspective in the learner.
- The program will give an opportunity to learners construct their own knowledge through situated learning.
- The program has been supported by Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada with the involvement of International experts in the field.
- The first batch will be the pilot batch.
- The 12 partner institutions in the consortium are experts in specific fields thus they have contributed their best to this programme.
- Constructivist theory is followed throughout the programme, i.e. learning involves constructing one's own knowledge from one's own experiences.
- Situated Learning Design and field-related assignments have been adopted in all the six courses of this programme.
- Participants’ competencies are developed in the context of the classroom, the school and the community so that the teacher becomes a change agent.
- The objectives of each program are also put in the form of developmental objectives for each course.
- Cooperative Learning and universal human values are integrated into the programme.
- Teacher becomes a specialist in e-leaning, an action research and evaluation
It is a unique program by itself having the following features: